Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just Because.

 
  
If you think Shakespeare is the master of wordy love, then you haven't read Elizabeth Barrett Browning :)

How Do I Love Thee - Elizabeth Barrett Browning 

    How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
    I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
    My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
    For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
    I love thee to the level of everyday's
    Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
    I love thee freely, as men might strive for Right;
    I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
    I love thee with the passion put to use
    In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
    I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
    With my lost saints,–I love thee with the breath,
    Smiles, tears, of all my life!–and, if God choose,
    I shall but love thee better after death.

*****
Beautiful and Honest.
The perfect vow :)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY people!
xoxo

2 comments:

Amanda Christine Wong said...

ok, i'll make sure future husband reads that as our wedding vow, whether he understands a shit of it or not. haha. happy valentine's! *hugs&kisses*

Velarry Suan said...

i like the song in ur profile!!