Wednesday, September 9, 2009

More Than A Beautiful Mess


If a doctor, lawyer, or dentist had 40 people in his office at one time, all of whom had different needs, and some of whom didn't want to be there and were causing trouble, and the doctor, lawyer, or dentist, without assistance, had to treat them all with professional excellence for nine months, then he might have some conception of the classroom teacher's job.
~Donald D. Quinn

Dear Teaching,
Been telling everyone i'm gonna be a teacher someday
yes, yes, since I was 7.
Here I am, finally living the dream
A far cry from my ridiculous ideal.
All these times, it was just silly crush,
And you, being unpredictable and stubborn and rude, are slowly killing me
But I think I can love you.
Heck, I'm halfway there already.
This thing, between you and I,
is only going to get better.
Believe
:)

5 comments:

anonymous said...

J, ur practicum is coming to the end aite? must be sad.. haishhh


PS: I have posted my fairytales in my blog. I really hope u love it. :D

Amanda Christine Wong said...

since you were 7? wow, u so deserve to be where u are right now :)

Dierdre said...

I LOVE the quote!

And your students seem so sweet!

If based on the pictures, everything is a TOTAL opposite to what we're experiencing over here. *sigh*.

Deidre Casandra said...

teachr,so sweet oo :)
we will miss you :)

Miss Jess_Lyne said...

T: yep, it's coming to an end. Mixed feelings.

Amanda: hehehe. I omit the part where i wanted to be an actress as well. too bad i can't be both:)

dedz: you know how pictures can lie..hehe

dedri: i'm gonna miss you guys too.